Shadowfax technologies private limited (“shadowfax” or “we” or “us” or “our”) is concerned about the privacy of the data and information of users (“you” or “your” or “yourself”) accessing the services on shadowfax's websites, mobile sites or mobile applications (“website”).
1. Collection and storage of information
● 1.1 The information (which shall also include data) provided by you to shadowfax or collected from you by shadowfax may consist of “personal information” and “non-personal information”.
● 1.3 such personal information may be collected in various ways including during the course of you registering as a user on the website, registering as a merchant on the website, availing certain services offered on the website. Such instances include but are not limited to participating in any online survey or contest or otherwise or posting user reviews or otherwise doing business on the website.
● 1.5 shadowfax may also collect information other than personal information from you through the website when you visit and / or use the website. Such information may be stored in server logs. This non-personal information may include your geographic location, details of your telecom service provider or internet service provider, the type of
Browser (internet explorer, firefox, opera, google chrome etc.), The operating system of your system, device and the website you last visited before visiting the website or the duration of your stay on the website is also stored in the session along with the date and time of your access.
● 1.8 you hereby represent to shadowfax that: a) the information you provide from time to time is and shall be authentic, correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents as may be required to provide such information to shadowfax. B) your providing the information to shadowfax and shadowfax's consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, charter documents, judgments, orders and decrees.
● 1.10 your information will primarily be stored in electronic form however certain data can also be stored in physical form. We may store, collect, process and use your data in countries other than republic of india but under compliance with applicable laws. We may enter into agreements with third parties (in or outside of india) to store or process your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and we will on commercial reasonable basis require from such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
● 1.11 when you download our app, we may collect information about you, using technology which is not apparent to you, for example using “cookies” and other similar technologies. Specifically, we may collect information about other third party applications installed on your mobile phone. We may anonymise, de-identify or aggregate this information collected. For example, we may do this for the purposes of conducting analytics, for example the use and disclosure of anonymised data to determine preferences and patterns and for business improvement.
2. Purpose for collecting, using, storing and processing of information
Shadowfax collects, uses, stores and processes your information for any purpose as may be permissible under applicable laws (including where the applicable law provides for such collection, usage, storage or processes in accordance with the consent of the user) and shall include the following:
● 2.1 to facilitate your use of the website;
● 2.2 to respond to your inquiries or fulfil your requests for information about the various services ordered on the website;
● 2.3 to process and complete the orders placed with the participating merchants and is shared as needed to process and complete the orders;
● 2.4 to ensure that orders have are successfully delivered on time, and to keep you informed on the status of your order;
● 2.5 to provide you with information about services available on the website and to send you information, materials, and orders;
● 2.6 to send you important information regarding the website, changes in terms and conditions, user agreements, and policies and/or other administrative information;
● 2.7 to send you surveys and marketing communications;
● 2.8 to personalize your experience on the website by presenting advertisements, services and orders tailored to your preferences;
● 2.9 to help you address your problems incurred on the website including addressing any technical problems;
● 2.10 if you avail of any service from the website, to complete and fulfil the same.
● 2.11 to protect the integrity and for proper administering of the website;
● 2.12 to conduct internal reviews and data analysis for the website;
● 2.13 to improve the services and content on the website;
● 2.14 to conducting academic research, surveys, analytical studies on various aspects including user behavior, user preferences etc.;
● 2.15 to respond to legal, judicial, quasi-judicial process and provide information to law enforcement agencies or in connection with an investigation on matters related to public safety, as permitted by law;
● 2.16 to implement information security practices;
● 2.17 to determine any security breaches, computer contaminant or computer virus;
● 2.18 to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities and suspected fraud,
● 2.19 to undertake forensics of the concerned computer resource as a part of investigation or internal audit;
● 2.20 to process any job application you may submit;
● 2.21 to trace computer resources or any person who may have contravened, or is suspected of having or being likely to contravene, any provision of law including the
Information technology act, 2000 that is likely to have an adverse impact on the services provided on any website or by shadowfax; and
● 2.22 to enable a potential buyer or investor to evaluate the business of shadowfax.
[individually and collectively referred to as (“purposes”)] you hereby agree and acknowledge that the information so collected is for lawful purpose connected with a function or activity of shadowfax or any person on its behalf, and the collection of information is necessary for the purposes.
3. Review of information:
● 3.1 you may review, correct, update, change or delete your personal or non-personal information, either through the login page on the website or the “view my profile” section on the mobile app (collectively referred to as “your account”). Once you log into your account, you will be able to access and update your personal or non-personal information. If your personal or non-personal information has been provided to us, upon our request, through means other than the website, then you may review, correct, update, change or delete your personal or non-personal information by contacting us at hr@shadowfax.In.
● 3.2 You can delete any part of your personal or non-personal information or request us to delete your any such personal or non-personal information and we will comply with such requests within a reasonable time, unless we are required to keep certain information for legal purposes.
● 3.3 should you choose to delete your personal or non-personal information, or modify it in a way that is not verifiable by us, or leads to such personal or non-personal information being incorrect, we will be unable to provide you with any services through our website, and such a deletion or modification may be regarded as the you seeking to discontinue receipt of any services from us.
● 3.4 we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and your personal or non-personal information in order to ensure accurate delivery of our services. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your personal or non-personal information may be denied or limited by us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
4. Sharing and disclosure of your information
● 4.1 you hereby unconditionally agree and permit that shadowfax may transfer, share, disclose or part with all or any of your information, within and outside of the republic of india to third party service providers / partners / banks and financial institutions for one or more of the purposes or as may be required by applicable law.
● 4.2 you acknowledge and agree that, to the extent permissible under applicable laws, it is adequate that when shadowfax transfers your information to any other entity within or
● 4.4 we may also share personal information if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of various terms and conditions or our policies.
● 4.5 we reserve the right to disclose your information when required to do so by law or regulation, or under any legal obligation or order under law or in response to a request from a law enforcement or governmental agency or judicial, quasi-judicial or any other statutory or constitutional authority or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
● 4.6 you further agree that such disclosure, sharing and transfer of your personal information and non-personal information shall not cause any wrongful loss to you or to any third party, or any wrongful gain to us or to any third party.
5. Retention of information
● 5.1 we will put in place measures such that your personal or non-personal information, which is in our possession or under our control, is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which your personal or non-personal information were collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal or non-personal information; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for purpose required under applicable law.
● 5.2 if you wish to cancel or deactivate your account, you may visit the “deactivate my account” section of the “my profile” page on the app. You would be prompted for sharing a reason for discontinuing services with us. Post this account would be deactivated. Or request that we no longer use your personal or non-personal information to provide you services.
● 5.3 if you wish to delete your account and thereby discontinue using our service, you may do so at any time. We, however, reserve the right to retain, store and use your personal or non-personal information or content for our business purposes, whether such information or your account has been deleted or not. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated, and then may be held by us as long as necessary for us to provide our services effectively, but our use of the anonymized data will be solely for analytic purposes.
● 5.4 please note that your withdrawal of consent or cancellation of your account may result in us not being able to provide you with our services, or terminate any existing relationship that we may have with you.
6. Link to other websites
● 7.1 we strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of your information and to protect your personal information against unauthorized access or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction. We adopt adequate measures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
● 7.2 we reserve the right to conduct a security review at any time to verify your identity. You agree to provide us all the information that we request for the security review. If you fail to comply with any security request, we reserve the right to terminate your account with us and prohibit your access to the website.
● 7.3 we are not liable and cannot be held liable for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive your personal information.
● 7.4 the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on the website (“marks”) are the property of shadowfax or their merchants or respective third parties. You are not permitted to use the marks without the prior consent of shadowfax, the merchants or the third party that may own the marks
● 7.5 notwithstanding anything contained in this policy or elsewhere, we shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your personal information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a force majeure event (as defined below). A “force majeure event” shall mean any event that is beyond our reasonable control and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of god, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
You agree and acknowledge that you are providing your information out of your free will. You have an option not to provide or permit shadowfax to collect your personal information or later on withdraw your consent with respect to such personal information so provided herein by sending an email to the grievance officer or such other electronic address as may be notified to you.
10. Grievance officer
In accordance with information technology act 2000 and rules made there under, the name and contact details of the grievance officer are provided below:
Name: Praharsh Chandra
Address: 1st floor, appek building, 93/a, 4th b cross rd, 5th block, koramangala, bengaluru, karnataka 560095
11. Phone Number Verification through Truecaller:
11. Disclaimer about Preferential Treatment of Seller NPs by Shadowfax Technologies PVT LTD on the ONDC Registry
This is to confirm that Shadowfax Technologies PVT LTD is not offering any preferential treatment to any Logistics Buyers during on-network search requests through the ONDC protocol for allocation responses in search.
We are not providing any differential pricing to any seller NPs. Our rates are communicated during search and in it requests with the seller NPs as per the compliance rules.
Recorded On: 4 October, 2023
Shadowfax is a leading logistics platform that provides hyper-local, on-demand delivery solutions for businesses. With a mission to revolutionize logistics through innovation and technology, Shadowfax is committed to providing seamless, end-to-end delivery solutions that exceed customer expectations.
1st floor, Appek Building, 93/A,4th B Cross Rd, 5th Block, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095
Shadowfax Technologies Pvt. Ltd.